Publication details for Professor Felicity CallardCallard, F. & Rose, D. (2012). The mental health strategy for Europe: Why service user leadership in research is indispensable. Journal of Mental Health 21(3): 219-226.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0963-8237, 1360-0567
- DOI: 10.3109/09638237.2011.651661
- Keywords: Views/attitudes of consumers, Mental health policy, Europe, Service user involvement in research.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Recent European mental health strategies and programmes declare service user involvement to be essential in the development and evaluation of policy and services. In light of the announcement in March 2011 by the World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe of a forthcoming new mental health strategy for Europe, we propose that service user leadership in research is the most effective way of enhancing such involvement and consider what is required to broaden initiatives across Europe.