Dr Helen O'Connell - all publications
- (2006). Ireland and the Fiction of Improvement. Oxford University Press.
- O'Connell, Helen (2013). Food Values: Joyce and Dietary Revival in Ireland'. In James Joyce in the Nineteenth Century. Nash, John. Cambridge University Press. 128-148.
- O'Connell, Helen (2010). 'Reconciliation and Emancipation: The Banims and Carleton'. In Blackwell Companion to Irish Writing. Wright, Julia Oxford: Blackwell. vol. 1: 411-426.
- Jacqueline Belanger (ed) (2005). 'The Fiction of Improvement'. In The Irish Novel in the Nineteenth Century. Dublin: Four Courts Press.
Journal papers: academic
- O'Connell, Helen (2015). 'Animals in Post-Union Ireland'. New Hibernia Review 19(1): 34-52.
- O'Connell, Helen (2013). “At Our Potatoes” Recipes for Normality in Post-Union Ireland. Eire-Ireland 48(3&4): 49-78.
- O'Connell, Helen (2012). '"A Raking Pot of Tea": Consumption and Excess in Early Nineteenth-Century Ireland'. Literature and History 21(2): 32-47.
- (2004). Improved English and the Silence of Irish. Canadian Journal of Irish Studies 13-20.