Past Events and Training Opportunities
February 2017 - Parliamentary Academic Fellowship - Now Closed
The Parliamentary Academic Fellowship Scheme is offering academics from different subject areas and at any career stage the opportunity to come and work in Parliament.
The Fellowship Scheme is open to academics of all levels and experience who are employed at a UK higher education institution that holds either an ESRC or EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account (IAA). All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and will have to go through an internal selection process first.
The deadline for this scheme is fast approaching and if you are interested in applying then please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Funded by monies made available to universities to increase the impact of their research, the Scheme includes opportunities for academics to work on specific projects proposed by offices inside Parliament, as well as enabling academics to propose a project of their choosing. For further information on the scheme please see the link here.
There are six projects call open:
- House of Lords Library: Improving research services for Peers and staff through the collection and analysis of performance data.
- House of Commons Research and Information Team: Learning about the needs, motivations and behaviours of MPs, MP's staff and parliamentary staff.
- House of Commons Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee: Providing energy and climate change support and advice to the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee.
- House of Commons Health Committee: Scrutinising the Government’s Childhood Obesity Plan.
- House of Commons International Trade Committee: Providing support and advice to the International Trade Committee of the House of Commons.
- House of Commons Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee: Providing support and advice to the House of Commons Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee.