There is easy access to the Campus from Stockton High Street via either the Millenium Footbridge or the new Infinity Bridge.
There are many safe cycle routes running alongside the River Tees that bring you directly into Queen's Campus.
Regular services run from Stockton and Middlesbrough to Teesdal. The Arriva X12 service runs between Newcastle, Durham, Sedgefield and Middlesbrough and stops just near the Holliday Building on Harvard Avenue. The X12 also travels direct to Durham City and stops alongside the University Mountjoy Site (Science Site). The Arriva X12 is the University's inter-campus bus service and staff and students can travel free on this service, all year round by showing a valid campus ID card.
East Coast Main Line operate high speed services from London, York and Edinburgh to Darlington, with a connection to Thornaby Railway Station.
The Transpennine Express provides a direct approximately hourly service from Manchester Airport, Manchester, Leeds and York to Thornaby.
Northern Rail operate a regular service from Saltburn to Newcastle and Bishop Auckland that stops at Thornaby and Durham.
To Stephenson College Residence
Once at Thornaby Station, climb the steps and turn right onto the footbridge. Walk over the footbridge and turn right along Station Street. At the roundabout turn right into Princeton Drive. At the next small roundabout turn left into East Drive. The College is on your left.
To John Snow College Residence
Once at Thornaby Station, climb the steps and turn right onto the footbridge. Walk over the footbridge and turn left into Chapel Street towards the Dubliners pub, passing Alexanders, (the Saab garage). The College is on Sorbonne Close which is directly opposite the Chapel Street roundabout.
* For those unable to climb the steps to the footbridge, the station approach road leads onto Mandale Road where successive right turns lead to Chapel Street and Station Street. As this is an extra half mile a taxi is recommended.
Queen’s Campus, Stockton is linked by the A66 to the A1(M) and the A19.
From A19 North to Queen’s Campus, Stockton
- Join the A66, signposted Stockton/Darlington
- Take the first slip road from A66, signposted Teesside Retail Park/Tees Barrage
- Turn right at the traffic lights, over the bridge across the A66, following signs for the Barrage.
- Turn left at the roundabout.
For Holliday Building, Ebsworth Building and Wolfson Research Institute:
- Turn right at the next small roundabout into East Drive and keep forward into the Main Campus Car Park. Buildings are signposted and large campus maps are located around the car park.
For Stephenson College Residence:
- Turn right at the next small roundabout into East Drive. George Stephenson College Residences are located to the left of East Drive.
For John Snow College Residence:
- Follow directions 1-4 above.
- Drive along Princeton Drive and turn left at roundabout into Station Street.
- At the next roundabout the Residences are directly opposite.
- Take second left at the roundabout into Sorbonne Close - John Snow College Residences are on the right hand side.
From A19 South
Join the slip road for the A66 signpost Stockton/Darlington.
Keep on the slip road and follow the signs for the Barrage as described above.
Durham Tees Valley Airport is just 8 miles from Stockton and Newcastle Airport is 50 minutes drive.