Archive Module Description
No such Code for pgprog: X9A302
No such Code for pgprog: X9A402
No such Code for pgprog: X9A802
EDUC42030: Analysis and Evaluation of Educational Research
|Type||Tied||Level||4||Credits||30||Availability||Not available in 2021/22|
- Understanding Qualitative Educational Research.
Excluded Combination of Modules
- That students have a thorough understanding of a wide range of educational research designs and methods.
- Students are introduced via carefully selected key texts to issues of research design and research methods.
- Practical and technical issues involved in designing research are also discussed
- Students will be better able to understand the strengths and weaknesses of different types of research, in the social sciences, with particular reference to Education.
- Students will be taught to analyse critically the validity, reliability and generalisability of research findings.
- Compare and synthesis research results and recommendations, with reference to specific issues and problems in educational institutions.
- Plan, conduct, analyse, interpret, report and evaluate educational research.
Modes of Teaching, Learning and Assessment and how these contribute to the learning outcomes of the module
- Oral feedback is given to students' contributions during class teaching sessions. Staff can be contacted for individual help. Written formative feedback is provided on an academic outline (of not more than 500 words) of the assignment.
- Summative assessment is via an assignment of 5000 words developing a critical review of a provided research report.
- Modules are taught in various modes: during two weekends and during a full week.
Teaching Methods and Learning Hours
|Lectures||6||See above||1.5 hours||9||■|
|Seminars||7||See above||3 hours||21||■|
|Preparation and Reading||270|
|Component: Assignment||Component Weighting: 100%|
|Element||Length / duration||Element Weighting||Resit Opportunity|
Written formative feedback is provided on an academic outline (of not more than 500 words) of the assignment.
■ Attendance at all activities marked with this symbol will be monitored. Students who fail to attend these activities, or to complete the summative or formative assessment specified above, will be subject to the procedures defined in the University's General Regulation V, and may be required to leave the University