This page is for the academic year 2021-22. The current handbook year is 2022-23No such Code for pgprog: N2P409
Department: Management and Marketing
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (FT)
||Available in 2021/22
Excluded Combination of Modules
- To develop studentsâ€™ ability to master the knowledge and understanding at an advanced level of key issues in the processes and practices of human resource management;
- To provide students with the opportunity to critically understand research in the field of human resource management.
- The nature of Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management, performance and commitment
- Recruitment and selection
- Performance appraisal
- Diversity and equal opportunities
- Rightsizing and Contingent Forms of Employment
- Talent Management
- International Human Resource Management
- Have an advanced knowledge and understanding of the nature and role of Human Resource Management, and the Human Resources function, in contemporary organisations;
- Have an advanced knowledge and understanding of the purpose and practice of Human Resource Management;
- Have an advanced understanding of socio-economic influences on Human Resource Management practices and strategies;
- Have an advanced understanding of the debates which relate to the links between Human Resource Management and organisational performance;
- Have an advanced understanding of critical perspectives on Human Resource Management;
- Have an advanced understanding of the impact of regulation on various aspects of Human Resource Management;
- Have an advanced understanding of the importance of diversity, equal opportunities, and fair treatment in Human Resource Management.
- Be able to critically evaluate the processes, procedures and practices of contemporary Human Resource Management.
- Written communication
- Organising and time management
- Problem solving and analysis
- Using initiative
- Computer literacyWritten communication; planning, organising and time management; problem solving and analysis; using initiative; computer literacy.
Modes of Teaching, Learning and Assessment and how these contribute to
the learning outcomes of the module
- Through a combination of lectures, seminars and guided reading addressing key topics in Human Resource Management, students will acquire the advanced skills and knowledge to enable them to develop a thorough understanding of this specialist field of study.
- The assessment of the module, by written examination, is designed to test studentsâ€™ knowledge and understanding of the subject-matter and their ability to apply it to the analysis of specific topics in Human Resource Management.
Teaching Methods and Learning Hours
|Preparation & Reading
|Component: Written Examination
||Component Weighting: 100%
||Length / duration
Practice speciman exam question with individual written feedback.
■ Attendance at all activities marked with this symbol will be monitored. Students who fail to attend these activities, or to complete the summative or formative assessment specified above, will be subject to the procedures defined in the University's General Regulation V, and may be required to leave the University