Publication details for Professor Tom LancasterXiao, F., Lancaster, T., Baker, P.J., Pratt, F.L., Blundell, S.J. Möller, J.S. Ali, N.Z. & Jansen, M. (2013). Magnetic transition and spin dynamics in the triangular Heisenberg antiferromagnet α-KCrO2. Physical Review B 88(18): 180401(R).
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1098-0121 (print), 1550-235X (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.88.180401
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We present the results of muon-spin relaxation measurements on the triangular lattice Heisenberg antiferromagnet α -KCrO 2 . We observe sharp changes in behavior at an ordering temperature of T c =23 K, with an additional broad feature in the muon-spin relaxation rate evident at T=13 K, both of which correspond to features in the magnetic contribution to the heat capacity. This behavior is distinct from both the Li- and Na-containing members of the series. These data may be qualitatively described with the established theoretical predictions for the underlying spin system.