Publication details for Professor Tom LancasterKirschner, Franziska K. K., Lang, Franz, Pratt, Francis L., Lancaster, Tom, Shi, Youguo, Guo, Yanfeng, Boothroyd, Andrew T. & Blundell, Stephen J. (2018), Static and Fluctuating Magnetic Moments in the Ferroelectric Metal LiOsO3, 21: 14th International Conference on Muon Spin Rotation, Relaxation and Resonance (μSR2017). Sapporo, Physical Society of Japan, Tokyo, Japan, 011013.
- Publication type: Conference Paper
- ISSN/ISBN: 978-4-89027-130-6 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.7566/JPSCP.21.011013
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
LiOsO3 is the first example of a new class of material called a ferroelectric metal. We performed zero-field and longitudinal-field μSR, along with a combination of electronic structure and dipole field calculations, to determine the magneticground state of LiOsO3. We find that the sample contains both static Li nuclear moments and dynamic Os electronic moments. Below ≈0.7 K, the fluctuations of the Os moments slow down, though remain dynamic down to 0.08 K. We expect this could result in a frozen-out, disordered ground state at even lower temperatures.