Publication details for Dr Stuart BrandKaliteevski, M, Brand, S, Abram, RA, Iorsh, I, Kavokin, AV & Shelykh, IA (2009). Hybrid states of Tamm plasmons and exciton polaritons. Applied Physics Letters 95(25): 251108.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0003-6951, 1077-3118
- DOI: 10.1063/1.3266841
- Keywords: Channelling, Excitons, Microcavities, Polaritons, Surface plasmons, Semiconductor microcavities.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Channeling of exciton polaritons in the plane of semiconductor microcavities can be achieved by the deposition of metallic mesas on the top of the semiconductor structure. We show theoretically that the regime of strong coupling between cavity polaritons and Tamm surface plasmons is possible in such structures. The effect is favorable for the spatial confinement of polaritons and the formation of hybrid one-dimensional plasmon-polariton modes.