Publication details for Prof Richard AbramIorsh, IV, Koreshkova, AG, Kaliteevskaya, NA, Kavokin, AV, Abram, RA, Brand, S & Kaliteevski, MA (2010). Polarization beats in a pillar microcavity. Superlattices and Microstructures 47(1): 24-28.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0749-6036
- DOI: 10.1016/j.spmi.2009.07.021
- Keywords: Pillar microcavities; Polariton laser; Polarization beatingSEMICONDUCTOR MICROCAVITIES
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The beats of the Stokes luminescence parameters in pillar semiconductor microcavities are theoretically analysed. The beats are originated by a slight in-plane anisotropy of the pillar. The influence of the coherence time of exciton polaritons on the decay rate of polarization oscillations of the emission of light by the cavity is revealed. This link is essential for studies of the dynamic properties of polariton condensates in pillar microcavities.