Publication details for Dr. Jeppe Rosenkrantz AndersenAndersen, Jeppe R., Brooks, Helen M. & Lönnblad, Leif (2018). Merging high energy with soft and collinear logarithms using HEJ and PYTHIA. Journal of High Energy Physics 2018(9): 074.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1029-8479 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1007/JHEP09(2018)074
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We present a method to combine the all-order treatment of the High Energy Jets exclusive partonic Monte Carlo (HEJ) with the parton shower of Pythia8, while retaining the logarithmic accuracy of both. This procedure enables the generation of fully realistic and hadronised events with HEJ. Furthermore, the combination of the two allorder treatments leads to improvements in the quality of the description of observables, in particular for regions with disparate transverse scales.