The physics computer classroom is now Ph216
- Opening Hours: Normal opening hours are Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm, extending to 6pm during term time* (*subject to staff cover - please check first with Ian Manfren). Please contact Ian Manfren if you need to use the room outside normal opening hours or outside term.
- Computers: There about 22 modern PCs with 17 or 19 inch TFT screens. All are part of the University PC network, and dual boot into either Windows 7 or linux (Ubuntu). Wireless internet access is also available - an AP is located just outside the room.
- Printing: There is a colour HP printer in the classroom which can be accessed from the ITS Networked PC Service or from CIS Unix.
- Logging-on: To log on to any of the PCs you must have an CIS Networked PC username and password. These are the same as for your UNIX account. To arrange an account ask the CIS Servicedesk.
- Faults: Paper for the printer can be obtained from the Physics Lab Technicians. Hardware or software faults with the PCs should be reported to the Physics CIS personnel.
- Bookings: During Michaelmas and Epiphany terms the classroom is block booked at various times for teaching. Outside term, bookings can be arranged via Dr Metcalfe, or via the Physics General Office. Current bookings can be viewed by Physics staff via the departmental database events system.
- Temporary accounts: For conferences, Open Days etc it is possible to arrange for temporary accounts to be set up. Again, see the CIS Servicedesk, who have a form for this purpose. They must have at least 24 hours notice (preferably more!)