QAA teaching assessment
We are committed to excellence in undergraduate teaching. In our most recent subject review report by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) for Higher Education, we achieved maximum marks (24/24). During a four day visit, a team of seven reviewers awarded us 4 out of 4 for each of the six assessment categories:
- Curriculum Design Content and Organisation
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Student Progression and Achievement
- Student Support and Guidance
- Learning Resources
- Quality Management and Enhancement
The QAA report concludes that our degree programmes include the following:
- A coherent, progressive and challenging curriculum based upon a sound common core, which is well matched to the expertise of staff.
- Programmes which develop a wide range of generic and subject-specific skills in line with the aims and objectives.
- Good quality teaching and learning within a well-considered teaching, learning and assessment strategy.
- Highly motivated students who engage well with the subject.
- A large proportion of students complete the programmes and progress to appropriate destinations.
- The high quality arrangements for academic support and guidance within the Department which are well supported by the University's 'Keeping of Term' processes.
- Comprehensive central support services, including the careers service.
- The development of high quality resources in line with aims and objectives.
- Effective processes for the mangement and enhancement of quality a number of departmental initiatives.
The full QAA report is available online at http://www.qaa.ac.uk/.