Publication details for Professor Geoffrey ScarreScarre, Geoffrey. (2003). Corporal punishment. Ethical theory & moral practice 6(3): 295-316.
- Publication type: Journal papers: academic
- ISSN/ISBN: 1386-2820, 1572-8447
- DOI: 10.1023/A:1026072527441
- Keywords: Corporal punishment, cruelty, deterence, humiliation, 'inhuman or degrading treatment'
- View online: Online version
- Durham research online: DRO record
Author(s) from Durham
A study of moral arguments for and against the use of corporal punishment in a judicial content. It is argued that corporal punishment is not inevitably more cruel or demeanial than some conventionlly prefered punitive methods.