The Durham Light Infantry Gallery will be closed from 15th – 21st October 2018 for essential maintenance.
Between 22nd October until 18th November there will be no lift access to the Gallery.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
- entry to the DLI Collection Gallery is free of charge
- visits to the Gallery are self-guided
- the Gallery is located on the first floor next to the Living on the Hills Gallery
- as well as displaying many objects from the DLI Collection, the Gallery is home to a short audiovisual presentation and an interactive game
- non-flash photography is allowed in the Gallery
- the Gallery will be closed on Easter Sunday and for a period around Christmas
Cloakroom and lockers
- large bags will not be allowed into the Gallery and, where possible, visitors should avoid bringing these
- prams and pushchairs are allowed into the Gallery but please take care and be aware that this access may be restricted in wet weather
- lockers (requiring a refundable £1 coin) are available
- wet coats and umbrellas will not be allowed into the Gallery and should be left in the Reception area
- there is a platform lift from the main entrance to reception
- the DLI Collection Gallery is located on the first floor. This is accessible via a lift.
- located on the ground floor are accessible toilets, the shop and Barker Research Library
- a further platform lift gives access to the Courtyard Café and Gillian Dickinson Learning Centre
- a portable hearing loop is available
Getting to Palace Green: Parking
- visitor parking is not available on Palace Green, but exceptions may be made for disabled customers and those with limited mobility. To enquire about disabled parking, please contact the Palace Green security office by telephone +44 (0)191 334 2222
- please note that the Durham Road User Charge is in operation on the peninsula from 10am - 4pm, Monday to Saturday. For more information, visit the Durham County Council website for more information
Getting to Palace Green: Durham Cathedral Bus
- the regular Durham Cathedral Bus stops directly outside the entrance to Palace Green Library. The Durham Cathedral Bus service runs between the railway station, Market Place and some car parks to and from Palace Green
- for more information and timetables, visit the Durham Cathedral Bus website
Getting to Palace Green: Durham City Shopmobility