Little Dragons is the Oriental Museum's group for under 5s. Our sessions include songs, story time, crafts, role-play, gallery hunts and object handling!
The Little Dragons Club aims to engage with children aged 0-5 years to encourage and support their intellectual and social development.
- Provide a safe, stimulating environment in which young children can learn through play and experience
- Explore Durham University Museums' fantastic collections
- Deliver a distinctive multi-sensory learning programme
- Work in partnership with parents and carers to address a child's individual needs
No need to book in advance, but if you wish to make an enquiry please call us on 0191 334 5691, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Why the Oriental Museum?
As well as out wonderful collections, the Oriental Museum is able to offer a variety of facilities to make it as easy as possible for people with young children;
- free on-site parking
- spacious baby-changing area
- potties and toilet aids for toddlers
- high chair in café area
- lifts to all galleries
- bottle warming available on request
- comfortable, quiet gallery spaces
- During the school holidays, older siblings are welcome to attend and participate in the activities.
- Sessions led by trained, CRB-checked staff.
All materials are provided, and we'll do all the cleaning up afterwards!
Costs: To cover the cost of materials, there is a small charge of £1 per child per session, payable on the day. Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided free of charge for parents and carers at the end of each session.