Find an expert
Welcome to the Durham University Media Guide to Expertise, a resource for journalists seeking informed comment on a wide variety of topical issues.
To find an expert in a specialist area, please use the 'search' facility to search by keyword or expert surname.
Parent category: History & Archaeology
Professor David R. Bridgland
Professor, Department of Geography
Telephone: +44 (0)191 33 41875
- development of rivers especially the Thames
- development of rivers, especially the Thames
- Early humans in Britain and other parts of the world
- earth science conservation
- environment- weather and climate
- environmental change
- Ice Age History
- shallow/near shore processes & rivers
- Stone Age human activities and impacts
Dr Margaret Ray
Teaching Fellow, Department of History
Telephone: +44 (0)191 33 41082
- Australian history
- Emigration from the United Kingdom to Australia
Learn more about our expertise
Watch Durham’s academics give an insight into their research.