Church Music and Worship Conference
Following on the from success of the York Conference on Church Music held in February 2017, the organising committee for Church Music & Worship are delighted to host this two-day international conference to be held in Prior's Hall at Durham Cathedral and the Pemberton Rooms at Durham University on the 27 and 28 April 2018.
Our Keynote addresses will be delivered by Professor Jeremy Dibble (Professor in the Department of Music, Durham University) & The Rev’d Dr Maggi Dawn (Dean of Marquand Chapel, and Associate Professor of Theology and Literature, Yale University, USA).
Our CfP deadline was January 15th 2018.
Any questions or queries may still be directed to our Conference Chair, Enya at email@example.com
Call for Papers
We invite researchers and practitioners to submit proposals which engage with a range of methodologies and perspectives on church music and worship, from academic and practice-based viewpoints. Proposals are encouraged on the broad theme of church music and worship which may address, but need not be limited to, the following topics:
- Church music and liturgy
- Church music and the media
- Church music compositional practice
- Church music, gender, and sexualities
- Historical perspectives on Church music
- International perspectives on Church music
- Theologies of musical worship
Please find information on the next two pages about how to submit a proposal and our supporters. Any questions at all may be directed to the chair of the conference committee, Enya Doyle, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We particularly welcome submissions from postgraduate students.
We also welcome scholars who may want to or have to bring children with them.
The deadline for proposals has now passed.
We expect conference registration to go live at the beginning of April.
Conference costs will be set at:
£25 for students for both days
£55 for non-students for both days
£15 for students for one day
£30 for non-students for one day
If you would like to be notified when conference registration goes live, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com
The conference dinner is due to take place in Durham Cathedral Undercroft on Friday 27th. More details about this will go live with registration.
Church Music & Worship
- In honour of @enyadoyle’s birthday, we have released the programme for #cmw2018 - check it out: https://t.co/jTI8RgjW8k
Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- RT @terratologist: Talking about gender and church music with @liturgicalben and @enyadoyle? I’m going to have to find a way to get to this…
Tweeted on Sat, 17 Feb 2018 12:52:53 +0000
- RT @Nuschmeichs: 15 Minutes with … the Jerome Roche Prize Winner (Interview the Katherine Hambridge)
New post on @royalmusical student bl…
Tweeted on Tue, 13 Feb 2018 21:53:22 +0000
- @enyadoyle and Prof. Bennett Zon were representing @MusicDurhamUni and our conference committee in the USA this wee… https://t.co/Py7PwopHd7
Tweeted on Mon, 12 Feb 2018 21:46:19 +0000
- RT @bprmackey: I feel humbled to have a presentation proposal accepted by @CMWDurham. I pray that my efforts exceed expectations and bring…
Tweeted on Thu, 08 Feb 2018 15:17:26 +0000