Staff in the Department of Italian
Mrs Rossella Peressini, Dott. in Lingue e Letterature Straniere (Venice, Ca' Foscari), MA in Italian (Warwick)
My background is in modern languages and my general research interest lies in applied linguistics and in the designing of communicative language teaching materials.
During my MA by research I focused on role-play in the teaching of Italian as a foreign language. I maintain a strong interest in the development of oral competence especially at intermediate and advanced levels.
Over the last five years I have concentrated on learners' reading strategies and I have also become interested in the development of listening skills for students'independent learning.
I have been teaching as Language Assistant in the Italian Department since 1995. I am currently responsible for the designing and teaching of the following courses:
ITAL 1051 Italian Reading & Comprehension 1B
ITAL 2031 Italian Oral 2B
ITAL 3021 Italian Oral 4B
- 1998 co-authored with Robert Andrews Get By in Italian, BBC.
- 1998 co-authored with Alessandro Benati Ritocchi, University of Greenwich.
- 1994 co-authored with Loredana Polezzi Italianissimo Activity Book, BBC.
- 2005 'Mogli e buoi dei paesi tuoi', Tuttitalia pp.
- 1995 'Role-play & Communicative Competence', Tuttitalia pp.