Mediation Service Steering Group
The Mediation Service Steering Group established the Mediation Service and continue to oversee and evaluate its activities including the continuing professional development of the Mediators. The co-Chairs of the Steering Group, Mr Sam Dale, Deputy Academic Registrar and Mr Mark Crabtree, Assistant Director of the Centre for Academic, Researcher and Organisation Development (CAROD), oversee the day-to-day operation of the service and the Steering Group report on the activities and evaluation of the service to the Student Experience Sub-Committee and to the Director of Human Resources as well as through other University governance structures where relevant. Only the number and type of cases are reported and this is done in such a way that individual parties cannot be identified.
The Steering Group was established with the following terms of reference:
To oversee the development of a Mediation Service for Durham University for both staff and student communities.
To ensure that the actions and activities of the service are embedded within the University’s governance structure.
To ensure that the activities of the service are in line with or embedded in the appropriate University policies, practices and protocols.
To develop with colleagues across the university, a methodology for determining the value and benefit of the service against cost.
The membership of the Steering Group is as follows:
- Mr Sam Dale, Deputy Academic Registrar (co-Chair)
- Mr Mark Crabtree, Assistant Director of CAROD (co-Chair)
- Mr Stefan Klidzia, Vice Principal/Senior Tutor; St Aidan’s College
- Ms Tess Mantzoros, Head of Legal Services
- Mrs Joanne Race, Deputy Director of HR
- Dr Marek Szablewski, Durham UCU/ Department of Physics
- Ms Claire Godden-Rasul, Admissions Officer, Student Recruitment and Admissions Office