Publication detailsSahu, Smita (2018). High-order filtered schemes for first order time dependent linear and non-linear partial differential equations. Mathematics and Computers in Simulation 147: 250-263.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0378-4754 (print)
- DOI: 10.1016/j.matcom.2017.05.009
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
This work is based on high-order “filtered scheme”. Recently filtered scheme has been introduced to solve some first order Hamilton–Jacobi equations. In this paper, we aim to solve some linear and non-linear partial differential equations by a high order filtered scheme. The proposed filtered scheme that is not monotone but still satisfies some ϵ-monotone property with a convergence result and with precise error estimate also has been proven. We will present filtration of different schemes for some linear and non-linear partial differential equations in several dimensions.