Publication details for Bernard PietteLin, W.T. & Piette, B. (2008). Skyrmion Vibration Modes within the Rational Map Ansatz. Physical Review D: Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology 77(12): 125028
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1550-7998, 1550-2368
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.77.125028
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We study the vibration modes of the Skyrme model within the rational map ansatz. We show that the vibrations of the radial profiles and the rational maps are decoupled and we consider explicitly the cases B=1, B=2, and B=4. We then compare our results with the vibration modes obtained numerically by Barnes et al. and show that qualitatively the rational map reproduces the vibration modes obtained numerically but that the vibration frequencies of these modes do not match very well.