The role of the Marketing and Communications Office is to work in partnership with staff and student colleagues to raise the University's profile and engage a vast cross-section of audiences in the markets in which we operate, from prospective undergraduate and postgraduate students and those who influence them, to the global academic community, funding councils and policy makers. We are also passionate about managing the University's reputation by disseminating good news and engaging the media, policy groups and the general public to manage and mitigate reputational risk.
What we do... the Marketing and Communications Office is responsible for:
- Supporting senior management in achieving the aims and objectives outlined within the University Strategy
- Brand and brand positioning development and the production of toolkits required for its implementation across the organisation
- Reputation Management including crisis communications
- Development of corporate-level internal communication and student recruitment campaigns
- Managing the University's owned marketing and communications channels such as the website, corporate social media channels (our presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn) and the University's courses database
- Market intelligence gathering and research
- Management of the Communications, Design and Print Framework partners
- Instilling and communicating good marketing and communications practice across the University.
Marketing and Communications Network
In addition to the Marketing and Communications Office staff, we have initiated a Marketing and Communications Network of more than 100 colleagues across the University who are engaged in communications and marketing projects and processes. The network aims to engender a culture of partnership working and evidence-based marketing, coherent planning and use of resource to ensure best practice and value for money, and to facilitate the professional development and agility of staff in the network.
We also provide toolkits including templates, guidance notes and policies to empower staff to work with us and to maximise, and coordinate, communications and marketing across the University. See our Profile Raising Toolkit for more information.
Contact the team or come and meet us, we are happy to help.