At the Bill Bryson Library the Help and Information desk offers a staffed services when the library is open. Some support services such as DDS or Subject support are only available from 9.00 am - 5.00 pm Monday to Friday, when demand is highest. The Help and Information staff at weekends and evenings can deal with routine and basic enquires and will refer on any queries that they are unable to help with. This can mean that any problems may not be resolved at the weekend until specialist staff are on duty.
Self Service facilities are available during all hours and include:
- Self-service machines for borrowing items.
- Return of items via the Returns area in the Library on Level 2.
- Collection of reservations from the yellow shelves in the Short loan area of Level 2.
- Photocopying/printing facilities.
- Purchase of printer credits.
- Use of general study facilities, networked PCs and self-service netbooks.
- Online request forms, support and documentation.
- Printed documentation.
- Directional enquiries.
Microfilm and microfiche reading and copying facilities
Services which will be referred to daytime staff are:
- Retrieval of books and journals being processed
- Subject enquiries needing staff follow up
- Registration enquiries
- Fines and invoice enquiries
- Enquiries about the progress of document delivery service loan requests
- Individual help for students registered with DUSSD
Some Services coninue to be available when the Library is closed:
- Out-of-hours book return drop at the Library entrance
- Self-service facilities via the Catalogue for checking your library record, placing reservations, renewals and bookings
- Self-service facilities, via the Library web site, for placing store requests and submitting suggestions
- Library web site for general Library information, and access to electronic information resources
Information on this page relates to the 2018-19 academic year