Most items can be renewed online 10 times – after this you need to bring the items back to the library for further renewals if required. Items should therefore be renewed on or before the date that they are due for return. You cannot renew Short Loan items.
- From the Catalogue home page select View your record and renew loans in the right hand column.
- At the login page log in your using your CIS username and password. Non-University members need to enter your Campus card barcode number - do not enter the letters A or B at either end of the number.
- The next page displays your checked out items. You can either select RENEW ALL or you can mark the checkboxes under the renew column to the left of the items to be renewed. Then choose the RENEW SELECTED button.
- The word RENEWED will be displayed next to those you have successfully renewed. Please note the new due date and write it on the date labels in the back of the books you have borrowed.
If you see the phrase RENEW NOT ALLOWED this may be due to one of the following reasons:
- You may have already renewed the item 10 times
- The item may have been reserved by another user
- A standard loan item that you have borrowed is overdue by more than seven days and you have received two overdue emails
- There may be a problem with your library record e.g. you may have fines of £5 or more.
If there is a problem with renewing your books, please return them to the library from where you borrowed them as soon as possible or contact Library staff.
Renewing by Phone
If you do not have access to the Catalogue, you may renew your loans by telephoning the relevant Library, although this may not be possible for any of the above reasons listed under Renew not allowed. You can find Library telephone numbers by going to Contact Us.