Document Delivery Service
We have changed the way electronic articles from the British Library are delivered. Articles supplied by British Library are now being delivered using DRM Lite article delivery which locks documents to a person (rather than to a machine) so they can be moved, giving you even more flexibility to work how and where you like. When you receive your first article from British Library you will need to register for On Demand (details in the email) and this password will be used to open all your future documents. Software requirements are minimal (Adobe Reader version 10 or above) but if your web browser has a built in pdf viewer then you will need to temporarily disable it to allow the document to open directly into Adobe Reader.
Expand your access to information with the Document Delivery Service. If you cannot find the item you want in our library, in local libraries or freely available on the internet then why not order it through the Document Delivery Service? We can get hold of:
The service is:
- Simple to use. Just fill in an online form (or follow the ConneXions link in databases) and we will email you when the item arrives.
- Fast. 29% arrive within 2 days, 80% within 7 days.
- Inexpensive compared to buying the book or travelling to read it (however if the book costs less than £3.50 to buy then we will decline your request and ask you to buy your own copy).
- Convenient. Articles supplied by British Library can be delivered direct to your desktop.
- Broad in scope. We can borrow books and obtain copies from university, public and (some) specialist libraries within the UK and abroad.
Most books are loaned to the library for about 5 weeks and if you are not finished with it after that time then most books can be renewed, use the online renewals form or the link to "contact the Document Delivery team" from your library record.
Use our online DDS enquiries form to enquire about your current requests, apply for renewals or cancel requests. If you want some other information, or are not a member of Durham University, then please contact the Document Delivery Service staff using the email addresses below. We will be happy to answer your questions.
|Bill Bryson Libraryfirstname.lastname@example.org||0191 334 2946|
|Queen's Campus Libraryemail@example.com||0191 334 0270|
- Document Delivery Service guide 2016-17 (last modified: 16 August 2016)
Contact Document Delivery Service
Durham University Library
Tel:0191 334 2946
Information on this page relates to the 2017-18 academic year