Document Delivery Service
DDS RENEWALS OVER THE VACATION.
If you are leaving Durham for the holidays, don't forget that you can renew your DDS books by dropping us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or using the online "DDS renewals and enquiries form".
If you want, you can ask for renewals in advance. DDS staff can make a note and apply to renew the item closer to the due date, then email you with the new return date. (Be aware that in the event that the renewal is not possible you would need to post the book back to Durham.)
Most renewals are free of charge, however British Library renewals cost £5.00 (from 01.08.18). Check the bookmark in your DDS book to see if this charge applies to your loan.
Expand your access to information with the Document Delivery Service. If you cannot find the item you want in our library, in local libraries or freely available on the internet then why not order it through the Document Delivery Service? We can get hold of:
The service is:
- Simple to use. Just fill in an online form (or follow the ConneXions link in databases) and we will email you when the item arrives.
- Fast. Most items arrive in around a week. (78% arrive within 7 days and 25% arrive within 2 days, but more unusual requests can take longer to source). A good rule of thumb is to allow a 7-10 days before chasing a request.
- Inexpensive compared to buying the book or travelling to read it (however if the book costs less than £5.00 to buy then we will decline your request and ask you to buy your own copy). Click here to see a list of our current prices and which departments pay for requests.
- Convenient. Articles can be delivered direct to your email.
- Broad in scope. We can borrow books and obtain copies from university, public and (some) specialist libraries within the UK and abroad.
Most books are loaned to the library for about 5 weeks and if you are not finished with it after that time then most books can be renewed, use the online renewals form or the link to "contact the Document Delivery team" from your library record.
Use our online DDS enquiries form to enquire about your current requests, apply for renewals or cancel requests. If you want some other information, or are not a member of Durham University, then please contact the Document Delivery Service via email to email@example.com or give us a telephone call on 0191 334 2946 and will be happy to answer your questions.
- Document Delivery Service guide 2018-19 (last modified: 7 August 2018)
Contact Document Delivery Service
Durham University Library
Tel:0191 334 2946
Information on this page relates to the 2018-19 academic year