SciVal is a Research Intelligence Solution which allows users to view and analyse the publication and citation data within the Scopus database. Scopus citation and publication data underpins the QS and THE World Rankings, and was also used for some UoAs in REF2014.
SciVal allows you to:
- Visualise research performance, identify research strengths and interdisciplinary research areas through at-a-glance standardised reports and spotlight maps for 7,500 research institutions and 220 countries.
- Benchmark and compare performance of an institutions, department, research group or custom group of researchers, performing in-depth analyses to measure progress towards specific objectives, or identifying weaknesses to optimise your strategy.
- Identify and analyse existing and potential collaboration and co-authorship opportunities across specific subject areas or self-defined research topics.
- Analyse the research trends of any Research Area with citation and usage data, to discover top performers and rising stars.
The following professional support departments provide assistance on use of SciVal and Scopus for publication and citation data:
- Research & Innovation Services: Use of SciVal in support of internal REF activity.
- Strategic Planning Office: Use of SciVal to inform Strategy projects and benchmarking, and can provide support with identifying how to approach collective citations analysis using the tool’s functionality.
- University Library: Guidance on responsible use of metrics, meaning and appropriate use of various metrics included within Scopus and SciVal, assistance for individual researchers reviewing their publication and citation profiles within both systems.