New to the Library?
Follow our 10 tips to get started...
1. Find out which Library holds resources for your subject. Explore our sites or ask one of your lecturers.
2. Use your Durham University campus card to go through the barriers and enter the Bill Bryson Library and Queen's Campus Library. Carry it with you when visiting all Library sites.
3. Use your campus card to borrow, renew and return books and other items.
Borrowing Items from the Library
Learn how to use the Library’s borrowing machines to check out items.
4. Find a book using Discover. Just type in some keywords, such as the topic or author, to get started. Then, note down the shelfmark in the Library and go to the shelves to find it.
5. Borrow an item using our self-service borrowing machines. Always check your receipt for the date your book is due back.
7. Access and search online resources including journals, e-books and databases from anywhere with an internet connection via Discover with your CIS username and password.
8. Find information and links for your subject on the Subject Information web pages. You'll also find the name and contact details of the Academic Liaison Librarian for your department, who can offer you help and support with finding resources for your subject.
9. Visit the Library on duo as another way to log in to your account and search Discover duo.dur.ac.uk