Postal Loans Service
For a small charge students registered on Part-Time or Distance-Learning courses can have Durham University library books posted to a UK address. To make use of the service simply complete the form below telling us who you are, what you want and where you want it delivering.
- The postal loans service is only available to students registered on part-time or distance-learning courses and is not available to full-time students. Students on placement might be eligible to use the service, please contact Judith Walton for advice.
- The Library will only post standard loan books (i.e. not reference books, short loans, 3 day loans or books on a waiting list). We would be unable to send fragile, extra large or very heavy books.
- We cannot post College books or books borrowed from other university or public libraries via the Document Delivery Service.
- A charge of £3.50 (per volume) will be added to your library record when the book is issued to you.
- Books will usually be posted within 2 working days.
- The book will appear on your library record when it is posted from the Library.
- We will post up to 3 books at a time to addresses in the UK and Northern Ireland.
- All loans can be recalled at any time, so remember to check your Durham University email regularly while you have books on loan.
- The books can be renewed online from your library record. Please renew books early in case the book is required by another user and you have to post it back to the library.
- You will be responsible for the book while it is on loan to you (from when it leaves the library until its return).
- If you return the book by post then you will have to pay the cost of the return postage. We recommend that you obtain a certificate of postage from the post office as proof of posting.
- Postal Loans Service guide 2019-20 (last modified: 4 October 2019)
Information on this page relates to the 2019-20 academic year