Christmas Vacation 2017
- Christmas and New Year closure
- Palace Green Library opening between Christmas and New Year
- Vacation opening hours
- Vacation borrowing
- Contact us
Christmas and New Year closures
Bill Bryson Library and Queen's Campus Library will be closed Friday 22 December 2017 - Monday 1 January 2018
Leazes Road Library will be closed Thursday 21 December 2017 - Monday 1 January 2018
Palace Green Library will be closed for Christmas Friday 22 - Tuesday 26 December 2017, and for New Year Sunday 31 December 2017 - Monday 1 January 2018
Barker Research Library in Palace Green Library will be closed Thursday 21 December 2017 - Monday 1 January 2018
Vacation opening hours
Library vacation opening hours are in operation:
Bill Bryson Library – Saturday 16 - Sunday 17 December 2017, h. 9 - 20; Monday 18 - Wednesday 20 December 2017, h. 8.30 - 20; Thursday 21 December 2017, h. 8.30 - 15; Tuesday 1 - Friday 12 January 2018, h. 8.30 - 20
Queen's Campus Library – Saturday 16 - Sunday 17 December 2017, h. 10 - 16; Monday 18 - Wednesday 20 December 2017, h. 9 - 20; Thursday 21 December 2017, h. 9 - 15; Tuesday 2 - Friday 5 January 2018 AND Monday 8 - Friday 12 January 2018, h. 9 - 20; Saturday 6 - Sunday 7 January 2018, CLOSED
Leazes Road Library – Saturday 16 December 2017, h. 9 - 13; Sunday 17 December 2017, CLOSED; Monday 18 - Wednesday 20 December 2017, h. 9 - 13
Palace Green Library – Wednesday 27 - Saturday 30 December 2017, h. 11 - 16.
Please visit our Library Opening Hours webpage for full details of opening hours at each University Library location.
- Apart from adjusting loan periods to accommodate the Christmas closed period, vacation borrowing works in exactly the same way as term-time borrowing - loan periods do not alter.
- Remember that standard loans periods will remain at three weeks for undergraduates and these items may need to be renewed a number of times during the vacation period.
- If you are spending the Christmas vacation away from the North East, think carefully about borrowing 3 day loan items as these will need to be renewed every three days.
- Items can be renewed up to 10 times if the item is not recalled. However, 3 day loans may be reserved and you won't know that someone else wants it until you try to renew it. You should not presume therefore that 3 day loans will be renewable 10 times.
- Recalled items will need to be returned to the Library. Items received by the Library will be back-dated to the postmark.
- When Bill Bryson library is closed items can be retruned via the external book drop situated to the left of the main entrance.
For full information about borrowing during the Christmas vacation, visit our Vacation Periods webpage.
For further information regarding the Christmas vacation, please contact us.