Christmas Vacation 2018
- Christmas Wish Tree
- Christmas and New Year closure
- Vacation opening hours
- Vacation borrowing
- Contact us
This Christmas we are supporting local charities through our Christmas Wish Tree initiative. Staff and students are invited to buy and wrap one or more gifts for a charity. To participate, pick up your gift tags from the Christmas Wish Tree in the Bill Bryson Library, buy the selected item, and then return your wrapped gift(s) under the Wish Tree. The initiative is running from Monday 26 November to midday on Friday 14 December. For more information about the Christmas Wish Tree visit here.
Christmas and New Year closures
Bill Bryson Library and ISC Library (Stockton) will be closed Saturday 22 December 2018 – Tuesday 1 January 2019
Leazes Road Library will be closed Thursday 20 December 2018 – Tuesday 1 January 2019
Palace Green Library will be closed for Christmas Monday 24 – Wednesday 26 December 2018, and for New Year Monday 31 December 2018 – Tuesday 1 January 2019
Barker Research Library in Palace Green Library will be closed Friday 21 December 2018 – Tuesday 1 January 2019
Vacation opening hours
Library vacation opening hours are in operation:
Bill Bryson Library – Saturday 15 - Sunday 16 December 2018, h. 9 - 20; Monday 17 – Thursday 20 December 2018, h. 8.30 - 20; Friday 21 December 2018, h. 8.30 - 17; Wednesday 2 – Friday 11 January 2019, h. 8.30 - 20
ISC Library – Saturday 15 9-13:00. Sunday 16 December 2018 CLOSED; Monday 17 – Friday 21 December 2018, h. 9 - 17; Wednesday 2 - Friday 4 January 2019 AND Monday 7 - Friday 11 January 2019, h. 9 - 17; Saturday 5 - Sunday 6 January 2019, CLOSED
Leazes Road Library – Saturday 15 9:00-13:00. Sunday 16 December 2018 CLOSED; Monday 17 - Wednesday 19 December 2018, h. 9 - 17
Palace Green Library – Saturday 22 December 2018, h. 09:00 - 17:00; Sunday 23 December 2018, h. 11:00 -16:00; Thursday 27 – Sunday 30 December 2018, h. 11:00 - 16:00.
Please visit our Library Opening Hours webpage for full details of opening hours at each University Library location.
- Apart from adjusting loan periods to accommodate the Christmas closed period, vacation borrowing works in exactly the same way as term-time borrowing - loan periods do not alter.
- Remember that standard loans periods will remain at three weeks for undergraduates and these items may need to be renewed a number of times during the vacation period.
- If you are spending the Christmas vacation away from the North East, think carefully about borrowing 3 day loan items as these will need to be renewed every three days.
- Items can be renewed up to 10 times if the item is not recalled. However, 3 day loans may be reserved and you won't know that someone else wants it until you try to renew it. You should not presume therefore that 3 day loans will be renewable 10 times.
- Recalled items will need to be returned to the Library. Items received by the Library will be back-dated to the postmark.
- No fines will be incurred whilst the Bill Bryson library is closed. However, if students are away until the start of term they should consider to return their books by 16:30 on Friday 21 December.
For full information about borrowing during the Christmas vacation, visit our Vacation Periods webpage.
For further information regarding the Christmas vacation, please contact us.