LGBT Staff Network
On 15th December 2009, the University launched its first Diversity Network for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) staff.
The group is open to all LGBT staff and postgraduate students, as well as their partners, friends and anyone else with an interest in LGBT issues.
Through its member, the LGBT Staff Network aims to:
- Provide confidential support and information to staff on LGBT matters in the workplace.
- To offer advice and feedback on LGBT equality and diversity issues within the University.
- Increase the visibility of LGBT issues in the workplace.
- Organise social events and provide networking opportunities.
- Promote research activities of LGBT interest.
The network meets informally, approximately once a month. For more information, see the links on the left
The LGBT network is one of several networks in the University - you can find out about the other networks via the "Let's Network" home page.
Stonewall Diversity Champion
Since August 2012, Durham University has been part of the Stonewall Diversity Champion scheme.