On 15th December 2009, the University launched its first Diversity Network for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) staff.
The group is open to all LGBT staff and postgraduate students, as well as their partners, friends and anyone else with an interest in LGBT issues.
The network was established by LGBT staff members in order to provide networking opportunities, arrange a series of social events for members, and as a means to promote research activities of LGBT interest.
The network also provides confidential support to all staff in the University.
The group also acts as a voice for any issues which LGBT staff members wish to raise with the University.
The network meets informally, approximately once a month. For more information, see the links on the left hand side of this page.
The LGBT network is one of several networks in the University - you can find out about the other networks via the "Let's Network" home page.
Stonewall Diversity Champion
Since August 2012, Durham University has been part of the Stonewall Diversity Champion scheme.
DU LGBT Staff ????️????
Durham Uni LGBT Staff Network. Stonewall Diversity Champion. We hold socials, and provide advice and support to all staff.
- Have your say on being LGBT in the U.K. National LGBT survey https://t.co/juTe0Izyu3
Tweeted 1 day ago
- Happy Pride. To everyone taking part in Pride events today have a great day #Pride2017
Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Congratulations to everyone graduating this week. Have a wonderful day. This is the start of a new chapter for you… https://t.co/2Q0BnXxwqi
Tweeted on Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:32:00 +0100
- RT @UniOfSunLib: New post: LGBT History Project NE – Call for Speakers https://t.co/hroSuifqdD
Tweeted on Mon, 12 Jun 2017 11:38:21 +0100
- RT @Kerrinsmith: Despite the grey day we r going to have a great celebration of colour @Durham_Pride @DurhamPolice @SafeCityBear…
Tweeted on Mon, 29 May 2017 11:27:49 +0100