On 15th December 2009, the University launched its first Diversity Network for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) staff.
The group is open to all LGBT staff and postgraduate students, as well as their partners, friends and anyone else with an interest in LGBT issues.
The network was established by LGBT staff members in order to provide networking opportunities, arrange a series of social events for members, and as a means to promote research activities of LGBT interest.
The network also provides confidential support to all staff in the University.
The group also acts as a voice for any issues which LGBT staff members wish to raise with the University.
The network meets informally, approximately once a month. For more information, see the links on the left hand side of this page.
The LGBT network is one of several networks in the University - you can find out about the other networks via the "Let's Network" home page.
Stonewall Diversity Champion
Since August 2012, Durham University has been part of the Stonewall Diversity Champion scheme.
DU LGBT Staff ????️????
Durham Uni LGBT Staff Network. Stonewall Diversity Champion. We hold socials, and provide advice and support to all staff.
- RT @durham_uni: Antony Long, DVC&Provost, talks about standing side-by-side w/ #Pride ahead of the weekends’ 4th annual Pride parad…
Tweeted 2 days ago
- RT @Durham_Pride: Final line up please RT @TheJournalNews @TheNorthernEcho @kat_luke1982 @DU_LGBTStaff @LGBTPlusProud @LGSMpride…
Tweeted 4 days ago
- Durham Uni showing we stand up against Homophobia ,Biphobia and Transphobia #Idahot #IDAHOBIT2017 #lgbt https://t.co/7sJcCEHkLH
Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia. Around uni you will see rainbow & trans flags. #idahot17 #IDAHOBIT17
Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Really interesting video. Don't just accept Fine as an answer https://t.co/5SZvkXjwiB #MHAW17
Tweeted 3 weeks ago