New Staff Network
Welcome to Durham University
We are delighted to welcome you to Durham University and hope your association with us will be a long and happy one.
You are now part of a diverse community that aims to create a positive working environment with excellent opportunities for staff.
The University is committed to providing you with welcoming and supportive surroundings and, to aid your transition, the new staff network has been established to support staff as they arrive and settle into their new lives at Durham or Stockton. It is open to all new staff and their families who join the University, whether you are local to the region, have moved from elsewhere within the UK, or have relocated from abroad.
The network provides a great opportunity to meet new colleagues from across the University and find out more about what is happening in departments, colleges and other sections. The network can also provide practical support, on settling into your day to day living in the region.
- Enable you to meet new colleagues and establish new social and work connections helping both you and your family settle in quicker;
- Ensure you learn more about the region where you now live, including the diverse range of sport, music and cultural activities available, both within the University and beyond;
- Offer practical support and guidance for International staff on living in the UK;
- Advise who your key departmental contacts are and how to get in touch; and
- Provide an opportunity for you to gain and exchange tips on a range of topics, from finding a plumber, to the best places to eat.
For more information or to join the New Staff Network please email the Relocation Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or call 46417
Staff Network Event
Wednesday 7th February 2018
2pm - 4pm
Palatine Cafe, 1st Floor, Lower Mountjoy
An opportunity for you to meet with others who have recently moved to Durham and establish new contacts across the University.
Complimentary refreshments will be provided
We are now on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/DurhamUniversityStaffNetwork/