Welcome to Durham University
We are delighted to welcome you to Durham University and hope your association with us will be a long and happy one.
You are now part of a diverse community that aims to create a positive working environment with excellent opportunities for staff.
The University is committed to providing you with welcoming and supportive surroundings and, to aid your transition, the staff network has been established to support staff as they arrive and settle into their new lives at Durham or Stockton. It is open to all staff and their families who join the University, whether you are local to the region, have moved from elsewhere within the UK, or have relocated from abroad.
The network provides a great opportunity to meet new colleagues from across the University and find out more about what is happening in departments, colleges and other sections. The network can also provide practical support, on settling into your day to day living in the region. The network communicates via email and events held throughout the year. As well as the official network announcements, members are able to email all other members of the network.
- Enable you to meet new colleagues and establish new social and work connections helping both you and your family settle in quicker;
- Ensure you learn more about the region where you now live, including the diverse range of sport, music and cultural activities available, both within the University and beyond;
- Offer practical support and guidance for International staff on living in the UK;
- Advise who your key departmental contacts are and how to get in touch; and
- Provide an opportunity for you to gain and exchange tips on a range of topics, from finding a plumber, to the best places to eat.
For more information or to join the Staff Network please email the Relocation Manager email@example.com or call 46417
Family Staff Network Event - Saturday 16th November 2019
1pm - 3pm
Drop in and meet with other collegaues who work at the university and their families.
Join in with the Celebrating Faith event, children can decorate an Islamic-style tile to take home and take a look around the Oriental Museum, the only museum in the North of England devoted entirely to the art and archaeology of the great cultures of Northern Africa and Asia.
- drop in (any time between 1 and 3 pm) - free admission
- the activity is generally suitable for children aged 5 to 11 years.
- children MUST be accompanied by an adult.
We are Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/DurhamUniversityStaffNetwork/