Mothers and Mothers-to-be Support (MAMS) Network
What is the MAMS Network?
The MAMS Network exists for members who are mothers and expectant mothers at the University. Our membership is drawn from across the University's departments and divisions, covering both staff and students. We meet informally at least once a term.
- Monthly social events.
- Hosting invited speakers on parenting and women’s issues
- Providing peer support and advice issues relating to returning to work after maternity leave.
- Breast feeding advice and support
- Offering the views of mothers who are staff to the University on diversity related topics when required.
- Input to the University's Athena Swan accreditation when required.
- Providing peer support in pregnancy.
How does the MAMS Network communicate?
We can be found on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dumams
We also have a DUO module and mailing list
What is the membership of the MAMS Network?
Membership of the network is wide and varied, currently including members who are academic staff from multiple faculties as well as support departments. We also welcome students, both undergraduate and postgraduate to come for pregnancy and parenting peer support.
How can I join MAMS?
Email Michelle Dixon to be added to the mailing list and DUO module.