LGBT Staff Network
What is the LGBT Staff Network?
The LGBT Staff Network exists for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender staff members at the University, their family and friends. Our membership is drawn from across the University's departments and divisions, covering both staff and postgraduate students. We meet informally approximately once a month.
How does the LGBT Staff Network function?
The network communicates via email. As well as the official network announcements, members are able to email all other members of the network. Our activities include:
- Raising awareness amongst our members of lectures, seminars and conferences of LGBT interest;
- Monthly social events.
- Speaking with the student LGBT association on being out in the work place.
- Networking with other LGBT networks in the region and promoting their activities as well as our own.
- Presenting the views of LGBT staff to the University on diversity related topics.
- We provide input to the University's Stonewall Workplace Equality Index submission.
What is the membership of the LGBT Staff Network?Membership of the network is wide and varied including academic staff from all faculties as well as support departments. We also have a number of postgraduate students who are members of the network.
How do I join?
If you are interested in joining the Network or would like more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.