9.7.7 Learning and teaching strategy
1. Partner Organisations will be expected to have a Learning and Teaching Strategy consistent with their organisational strategy, mission or plan.
2. A copy of the Durham University Education Strategy and of the Durham University Strategy can be found in Section 7 of this Handbook. Partner Organisations may wish to refer to these documents when preparing their learning and teaching strategies.
3. Durham University will request a copy of the Partner Organisation's strategy documents as part of the validation and Periodic Review processes, to ensure that the mission of the partner organisation is compatible with that of Durham University.
4. When a new Learning and Teaching Strategy is prepared or an existing Strategy is revised, a copy should be submitted to the Management Committee for consideration. The frequency of such revisions is a matter for the Partner Organisation in the context of its own strategic planning procedures.
5. The Management Committee may refer issues of policy or principle to Quality and Standards Sub-Committee.