8.1.7: Development of Research and Other Skills
1. The University provides a Postgraduate Training Programme consisting of an Induction Day followed by a series of courses over the academic year.
2. The University requires academic departments to provide training opportunities, and to have an up-to-date policy statement outlining this departmental provision.
3. The University requires all postgraduate research students to complete the Training Needs Analysis process in the first month of their studies. A copy of the TNA form should be maintained on the student's departmental file.
4. Students will choose appropriate courses from those available to meet the needs identified in their Training Needs Analysis.
5. Students will review their training needs on an annual basis.