5.5: Consideration of NSS results at departmental/school level
1. NSS results are circulated to departments/schools as soon as is practicable in September each year, with the expectation that these are discussed within the department/school including discussion with the relevant SSCC.
2. Each Michaelmas Term, the FEC (Undergraduate) will organise a half-away day (or alternatively a meeting of their FEC) at which it will discuss NSS results across the faculty with in order to develop an NSS action plan to which all departments/schools will 'sign up'. The chair of the FEC (Undergraduate) will also take the action plan to their Faculty Board for endorsement by heads of department/school.
3. At the January meeting of EC the chairs of FECs (Undergraduate) will report on their faculty's NSS results and the action being taken in response to these. This report will include the faculty action plan, for consideration for approval by EC.
4. NSS results will be discussed in the Epiphany Term Learning and Teaching Meetings between FEC chairs and departments/schools, in terms of the results themselves and progress in addressing the faculty's manifesto/action plan.
5. Departments/schools are required to include in their annual review report submitted at the start of the following year a commentary on the effectiveness of the action taken during the year under review on the previous year's NSS results (for example, annual review reports on 2010/11 will include a commentary on the effectiveness of steps taken in 2010/11 to address the NSS 2010 results).