We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.

Durham University

Learning and Teaching Handbook

3.8: Fieldwork

1. Where students are involved in fieldwork, either in a group or alone, their activity must be registered with the Procurement Office for insurance purposes and a risk assessment must be undertaken. The forms required for this purpose are as follows:

a. Student Group Fieldwork Authorisation (see Appendix (A3.12))

b. Individual Fieldwork/Miscellaneous Travel Authorisation (see Appendix (A3.11))

2. The forms are self-explanatory, including links to further information, details of who to send the form to and the timescale required for the Procurement Office to process the forms.

3. Advice on insurance should be sought from the Procurement Office:

4. Advice on risk assessment and health and safety should be sought from the Health and Safety Office: