1.2.10: Approval to close recruitment early
Decisions to close recruitment to programmes early require the approval of the Pro-Vice-chancellor for Education on the basis of a broad set of evidence: deposit payments (where required) and application and offer statistics.
Evidence and approval is gathered via the completion of the Approval to Close Recruitment form which is available at Appendix A1.05. The procedure for seeking approval to close recruitment early is as follows:
- Part A of the form should be completed by the department to detail the reasons behind the request and the markets to which recruitment is to close, eg all markets (overseas, EU & home), all overseas, or particular countries only. Part A should be signed by the Programme Director or Head of Department and the form should then be passed to the relevant Deputy Head of Faculty;
- If the Deputy Head of Faculty is happy to support the request, part B will completed and signed and the form should then be forwarded to the Director of the Student Recruitment & Admissions Office;
- The Director of the Student Recruitment & Admissions Office will arrange for the details of application and offer statistics, and deposit payments (if applicable), to be produced and attached to the form. If the request could impact upon international recruitment, a supporting statement from the International Office may also be attached;
- The form and attached information will then be forwarded to the PVC for Education for consideration;
- The resulting decision will be communicated in writing by the Director of the Student Recruitment & Admissions Office or a nominated deputy.
When positive confirmation of the approval to close recruitment has been received and communicated, responsibility for arranging updates to recruitment literature and the University’s web pages will rest with the department. Amendments to the postgraduate online application form and UCAS system will be actioned by the relevant Admissions Officer.