Ms Tara Beattie - all publications
Chapter in book
- Jensdottir, R. & Beattie, T. (2017). Child Deprivation of Liberty and the Role of the Council of Europe. In Children Deprived of Liberty and Applicable Legal Frameworks: A Global Solution for a Global Problem. The American University Washington College of Law Center for Human Rights & Humanitarian Law Anti-Torture Initiative. 81-108.
- Jensdottir, R. & Beattie, T. (2016). ‘Reaching the Heights for the Rights of the Child’ The Council of Europe Strategy for the Rights of the Child 2016-2020. Chronicle 2(July): 9-13.
Other (Digital/Visual Media)
- Beattie, T. (2019). On its 10th Anniversary, Here are 10 Reasons to be Concerned about the "Extreme" Pornography Law. Blogpost.
- Beattie, T. (2018). Draft Guidance On Age Verification Arrangements & Draft Guidance On Ancillary Service Providers: Consultation Responses. Public Consultation Responses Document: 105-112.
- Murray, K.L. & Beattie, T. (2017). The Case of Gayle Newland: Permission, Prosthetics, and Penal Justice. Blogpost.
- Papadouli, M. & Beattie, T. (2016). Unfair, Ineffective and Outdated: It's Time to Move on from Dublin. Blogpost.
- Beattie, T. & Phillipson, G. (2018), Criminalising Pornography, British and Canadian Public Law in Comparative Perspective. City University, London, England.
- Beattie, T. (2018), Extreme Pornography: Extreme Culture? Can the Feminist Argument from “Cultural Harm” Justify Criminalising the Possession of Extreme Pornography?, Film Forum 2018 XVI MAGIS International Film Studies Spring School: Porn Studies - Pornography, Margins and Extremes. Gorizia, Italy.
- Beattie, T. (2018), Pornography, Morality and Legal Regulation: A Never-Ending Story?, Sex, Death, Disease, and Conflict: The State and Morality, 1864-1964. Newcastle University, England.
- Murray, K.L. & Beattie, T. (2018), Stealthing, gender fraud…and beyond? Exploring ‘New Lands’ for Sexual Deception and Non-disclosure, BSA Regional Day Event Sex in Society: Bringing Together Sociological Research on Sexual Culture, Sexual Practice and Sexual Consumption. University of Sheffield, England.
- Beattie, T. (2017), Cultural Harm, Pornography Possession and the Criminal Law, Joint GLAD & CCLCJ Conference - 'Intersexions': Reflections on Sex and Sexualities within Socio-Legal Studies. Durham Law School, England.
- Beattie, T. (2017), Extreme Pornography and Cultural Harm: A New Path or a Dead-End?, Ninth Trinity College Dublin Law Student Colloquium. Dublin, Ireland.
- Beattie, T. (2017), Freedom and Privacy in Pornography: A Normative Privilege?, Eighteenth Annual Student Human Rights Conference - LGBT+ Rights in the 21st Century: Free and Equal?. Nottingham University, England.
- Beattie, T. (2017), Porn, Privacy and Public Morals Re-Dressed, Postgraduate and Early Careers Conference 2017 - 'The Art of Balancing: The Role of Law in Reconciling Competing Interests'. University College London, London
- Beattie, T. (2017), When Three's a Crowd: Exploring the Uneasy Relationship between Extreme Pornography Possession, Cultural Harm, and the Criminal Law, Durham Annual PGR Law Conference: 'Defending Individual Rights'. Durham, England.
- Beattie, T. (2016), Censoring Online Sexuality, ILPC Annual Workshop Restricted and Redacted: Where now for human rights and digital information control?. Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, London, England.