Publication details for Professor Mathias SiemsSiems, Mathias & Deakin, Simon (2010). Comparative Law and Finance: Past, Present and Future Research. Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE) 166(1): 120-140
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0932-4569, 1614-0559
- DOI: 10.1628/093245610790711500
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Comparative law and finance quantifies differences in the laws governing the business enterprise in various countries. The resulting data can be used to test which legal institutions (if any) matter for financial development. Until recently only cross-sectional data were available. We report the results of a new approach to coding which has produced longitudinal data sets on shareholder, creditor, and worker protection.