Assistant Professor in Physics
As an Assistant Professor in one of the UK’s very best Physics departments, you will be based in the internationally recognised Institute for Particle Physics Phenomenology. Housed in three floors of the purpose-built Ogden Centre, the Institute is the nation’s national centre for Phenomenology. You will find it an inspiring place to work. Here, you will produce exceptional research in particle physics phenomenology, while providing outstanding research-led and small group teaching and forging strong links with experimental groups. We are particularly keen to hear from you if you have expertise in Neutrino physics, Beyond-the-Standard model physics, or both.
Vacancy Reference: PHYS18-10
Download the full job description as a PDF.
- A good first-degree, complemented by a PhD in Theoretical Particle Physics or a related subject (either completed, or currently in progress).
- The ability to produce world-class research in the field of Particle Physics Phenomenology, including a research plan which supports the activities of the department.
- Proof that you have contributed to research groups and can mentor early career researchers.
- The confidence to supervise PhD students.
- Willingness to develop successful research project proposals, with the scope to secure funding or generate income.
- Experience of delivering high-quality teaching across lectures and in smaller study groups, with the ability attain fellowship of the HEA.
- Confident leadership and communication skills, with the willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team.
How to apply
We value and promote an inclusive and diverse working environment at Durham and we welcome applications from all individuals.
We prefer to receive applications online. For this role we are working with our partner organisation TMP (UK) Limited and your application will initially be submitted to TMP (UK) Limited via our website.
Please carefully read the job description for this post which outlines the documents which you will be required to submit, information about referees, contact details should you require further information and next steps including an indication of when interviews will take place.