Assistant Professor in Statistics
The Department of Mathematics is going through an exciting period of change and are developing a variety of cutting-edge programmes of study that will continue to further our reputation for offering world-class education. You will establish a research base in statistics and probability, whilst teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students in tutorials, seminars and lectures. You will maintain your professional knowledge ensuring that your content is engaging and relevant ensuring they continue to thrive in their chosen studies. Developing your own original research that is compatible with the interests of the department, you will secure funding and ensure your outputs are reaching the desired audience in internationally acclaimed journals.
Vacancy Reference: MATH18-3
Download the full job description as a PDF.
- Research excellence in statistics supported by a good first degree and a PhD in Statistics (or a related subject).
- To be a fellow of the Higher Education Academy, or be working towards achieving this.
- Excellent teaching skills with the creativity to adapt your content according to the needs of your students. This will include the ability to use technology and other techniques to enhance student engagement.
- World-class research outputs, with a clear research plan that details further ambitions.
- The ability to secure funding for your research and the confidence to guide research groups and supervise PhD students is also desirable.
How to apply
We value and promote an inclusive and diverse working environment at Durham and we welcome applications from all individuals.
We prefer to receive applications online. For this role we are working with our partner organisation TMP (UK) Limited and your application will initially be submitted to TMP (UK) Limited via our website.
Please carefully read the job description for this post which outlines the documents which you will be required to submit, information about referees, contact details should you require further information and next steps including an indication of when interviews will take place.