Durham has strong connections with universities in Australia and New Zealand through joint research and student exchange, as well as through the Matariki Network of Universities (MNU), of which Durham is a founder member. The below information provides a snapshot of our collaborations with Australiasian colleagues.
University of Sydney, Australia
University of Melbourne, Australia
University of Western Australia, Australia
University of Otago, New Zealand
The University of Western Australia and the University of Otago are both members of the Matariki Network of Universities.
Research Centres & Institutes
- Institute fort Hazard Risk and Resilience
- Durham Energy Institute
- Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring (CEM)
- Centre for Social Justice and Community Action
- International Boundaries Research Unit
- International Landslide Centre
- Quaternary Environmental Change
- Wolfson Research Institute
- IGCP 449/518 - fluvial records in Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Morocco, Russia, South Africa and Turkey
- Phenomenology of bodily transformations: anorexia in Scotland, Canada and Australia
- The Whitehead Collection. 20th Century collection relating to the health, hunting, behaviour, control and farming of deer throughout the world.
- The personal and official papers of Malcolm MacDonald, covering all periods of his life from early childhood to retirement.
- 19th Century papers of Henry George 3rd Earl Grey, incl. his tenure as Colonial Secretary 1846-1852.
- Corporations Law in Australia
- 19thcentury colonial administration
- A cross-national study of differences in the identities of nursing in England and Australia
- Governing climate change: the politics of risk society
- The 132 Ma Comei–Bunbury large igneous province: Remnants identified in present-day SE Tibet and SW Australia
- International Geoscience Programme
- Cross-country Comparisons of Inattentive, Hyperactive and Impulsive Behaviour in School-Based Samples of Young Children
- Hand stencils in Upper Palaeolithic cave art
- International Network on Urban Low Carbon Transitions
- Early life influences on obesity and fat patterning in children:critical periods, environmental determinants, and socio-cultural context
- The Gristhorpe Man Project
- Juvenile Justice Systems: An International Comparison of Problems and Solutions
- The vegetation and climate during the Last Glacial Cold Period, northern South Island, New Zealand
- Homophobic Speech, Equality Denial and Religious Expression
- Riverine particulate organic carbon from an active mountain belt: importance of landslides
Student and Alumni Societies and Associations
- People and Planet Society
- World Cinema Society
- Alumni International Associations
- College Alumni Associations
Durham Teach@Tübingen 2015-16
Congratulations also to Dr Joseph Young from the University of Otago.
The call for Teach@Tübingen 2015-16 has now closed.
For more information on MNU activity at Durham University, please contact MNU coordinator, Vic Bainbridge.
Erasmus and Overseas Student Exchanges
Click here for more information on European and Overseas Student Exchanges available at Durham.