We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.

Durham University


National Insurance Number (NIN)

Everyone who works in the UK must have a National Insurance Number (NINO). If you work during or after you studies in the UK without a NINO then you will be in breach of your visa conditions.

Further information on National Insurance and how to get a NINO is available form the Careers & Enterprise Centre website.

The University of Durham makes every effort to ensure that the information published on this page is accurate. However, the University cannot guarantee the information may not be altered owing to circumstances beyond the University’s reasonable control. Such circumstances include (but are not limited to) change in Government policy, or change of law. Any changes will be incorporated into the University’s website as early as possible.

Student Immigration Service

The Student Immigration Service is based at the Palatine Centre, Durham City Campus and has a dedicated team providing support to students and staff across both campuses