We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.

Durham University


Frequently asked questions

List of FAQ categories

EU / EEA students

+EU students coming to study in the UK

If you are an EU or EEA national and intend to study in the UK from the start of the 2020/21 academic year, you can still travel to the UK and start your study without a visa. You can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme in order to remain in the UK after 31st December 2020. 

Students intending to enter the UK later than 31st December 2020 will need to apply for immigration permission to travel to and study in the UK. Details will appear on this website as soon as they are available.

Further information from the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA)