We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.


EAP 2017: Applying for a visa for your main course

If you have a visa that only covers your pre-sessional English programme at Durham, the Student Immigration Office will help you through the process of applying for a new visa in the UK so that you can continue your study onto and throughout your main programme.

Please note: Information on this page applies only to visa applications made before 13th November 2017

To remain in the UK, apply for a visa and register on your main programme, you must:

  • Currently have a valid Tier 4 (General) visa;
  • Apply before your current visa expires;
  • Apply no more than 6 weeks after the start of your main course (13th November);
  • Start your main course no more than 1 month after your current visa expires.

Use the guides below to help you prepare and complete your visa application:


The categories below will help you to prepare all the documents and evidence you need to provide with your visa application:

Contact Us

Student Immigration Office
The Palatine Centre 
Stockton Road