We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.


Changing Programmes at Durham

If you want to change to a different programme at Durham University and your new programme is shorter or the same length (providing it as at the same level) as the programme you got your visa for, you must email the Home Office (UK Visas and Immigration) at giving them your details, your visa information and details of the new programme, including start and end dates.

If you new programme is shorter, your visa will probably be shortened to the appropriate length of time for your new programme.

If your new programme is longer than your previous programme you may need to extend your visa so that you have enough time to complete your study. Follow the links below for more information.

Extending your visa in the UK

Find out the appropriate length of leave you may be entitled to for your your programme

Contact Us

Student Immigration Office
The Palatine Centre 
Stockton Road
+44 (0)191 33 46069