Staff and Governance
To contact the IMEMS administrative office please use the following details:
For the Administrator (maternity cover)
T: 0191 334 6574
For the Administrative Assistant
T: 0191 334 42974
The day-to-day running of IMEMS is the responsibility of the Core Executive Committee, comprising the Director and Associate Directors and the Administrator.
Publication detailsScarre, Geoffrey. (2003). Corporal punishment. Ethical theory & moral practice 6(3): 295-316.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1386-2820, 1572-8447
- DOI: 10.1023/A:1026072527441
- Keywords: Corporal punishment, cruelty, deterence, humiliation, 'inhuman or degrading treatment'
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
A study of moral arguments for and against the use of corporal punishment in a judicial content. It is argued that corporal punishment is not inevitably more cruel or demeanial than some conventionlly prefered punitive methods.
Full Executive Committee
Our Full Executive Committee is made up of the Core Executive Committee, listed above, plus a number of executive members including:
International Advisory Board
We are extremely fortunate to have be able to call on the help and guidance of colleagues from around the world who help to shape and guide our direction, strategy and international reach. Our current Advisory Board members are: