The Information Governance Unit
What We Do
- Develop and maintain University information governance (records and information management, data protection, Freedom of Information and information security) policies, guidance, procedures, templates, training and awareness communications
- Provide specialist IG professional advice to the Senior Information Risk Owner, Data Protection Officer and UEC
- Advise on the application of IG legislation and University policies and procedures where there is high risk to University information
- Perform the role of secretary to the University's Information Governance Oversight Group (IGOG)
- Manage initial response to reported information security incidents and weaknesses, that affect University information (not IT/cyber security)
- Support senior staff in following the Information Security Incidents and Weaknesses Management Procedure
- Review data protection impact assessments
- Maintain institutional privacy notices for key groups of data subjects
- Manage the records management aspects of the University's off-campus records storage contract and associated user guidance
- Coordinate institutional responses to Freedom of Information requests and GDPR individual rights requests, including subject access, and advise staff on the application of exemptions
- Coordinate internal reviews, ICO reviews, Tribunal appeals and complaints under FOI and/or data protection legislation
- Liaise with the Information Commissioner's Office
To report an information security incident or weakness, please refer here.
To submit a request under GDPR individual rights, such as subject access, or a Freedom of Information request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit an internal request for information governance advice, please email email@example.com.
The Information Governance Unit comprises the following staff:
|Sophie Philipson||Information Governance Manager|
|David Cull||Information Governance Officer|
|Donna Walker||Information Governance Officer|
|Deborah Evans||Governance Administrator|